Thursday, April 15, 2010

Roxas City, Capiz, Seafood Capital of the Philippines


Roxas City has an abundant marine life and the center of aquaculture for Panay island. I guess this is why it is credible for what it claims to be. For anybody who comes here, you'd be a fool if you fail to have seafood, unless of course if you're allergic. I don't have fish or shell allergy of any sort so it was seafood galore each meal for me most of the time. My friend Ino manages the fishpond family business so he took us into one of his fish farms. The trip there involved a quick boat journey operated by a boatman via saddle only, no machines. We "sailed" in the middle of a vast fish farm and stopped by a hut. We had fresh oysters with chili and vinegar nicely prepared for us when we arrived. Yummy! :) This place is so laid back up to the point that you'll be forced to just relax. It's funny how a lot of my friends react when I say I'm in Capiz. They always seem to be frightened because "aswangs" congregate here. ("Aswang" is a Philippine mythical creature, vampire like and eat humans). Oh well, I enjoyed myself and left Capiz unscathed... :)

No comments: