Monday, September 12, 2011

Unemployment.


August 21, 2011 officially marks my first day of being unemployed. A lot of my friends think it was a mad idea resigning when back home in the Philippines, half of the population is desperate to work overseas for employment. They ask: "Why resign?" I answer, "Why not?" I would like to break away from the humdrumery of the job I've been stuck with for the last 6 years that even money (which is the main driving force in our lives, sad but true) could not convince me to stay anymore. I'm sorry for those who don't or can't have the options I have. On another hand, I don't think I have options, I'm just stubborn and pretending to be brave to have made my decision. To re-assess my priorities, find myself (or more likely lose myself), "burnt out" will be my stupid reasons if you ask why I left my job. Or just drop out back in the Philippines if you're looking for more reasons. Yes, I will be a hypocrite if I say that lazing in the Philippine islands don't appeal to me. I have plans brewing you know, but I won't tell. :) I've always liked the cliche: "Live one day at a time." or that song "Tonight" by Ne-Yo. I know the song is a bit suggestive but there's that concept of living life by the moment. Sometimes I wonder how come we human beings worry so much about the future which may never come? Why do we want to gain riches in this earth that when we die, we leave our love ones behind fighting over inheritance. I think it's better to have nothing. As one great man once said "To die wealthy is to live in sin." I'm definetely going to have nothing when I die, I am skint as it is! They can inherit this my blog site ahaha! Who knows? it might be the next box office motion picture! :) If I was being honest, I'm sh*t scared of what lies ahead because at the end of the day, I'm just a little girl lost in the moment...

No comments: