Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Puerto Galera, Mindoro, holiday destination for scuba divers and beach party goers


I stole this sea horse photo from my friend's website because I didn't have any photos taken when I came here, simply because I didn't have a camera then. The Sea Rider Dive Center is one of the popular dive shops in Sabang, Puerto Galera. My friend owns and runs the place so I'm sure he wouldn't mind me "borrowing" his pictures for my blog. :) I chose the sea horse because I think this was the same one I saw (or more likely dreamt of seeing then) in one of my dives way back early 2005. I went to Puerto G on a solo backpack trip with the intention of doing some scuba diving so Sabang was the ideal place to base myself during my 2 nights stay. I got to experience the night life in the White Beach as well. The locals claim that the White Beach nightlife is as vibrant as Boracay. I can't comment. Having been to both places, I think they have their own individual attractions. I like them both to be honest and fair. :) Puerto Galera's proximity from Manila makes it a popular and a much cheaper holiday destination. Apart from diving and partying, there are other activities you can do here like quad biking, hiking or drinking till you drop by the beach! :)

No comments: