Thursday, April 08, 2010

Anilao, Batangas, One of the Philippines first dive destinations

Anilao, according to my guidebook is one of the first diving destinations set-up in the Philippines. I travelled here with my very good friends. We did some snorkelling after our rented boat / boatman took us to a nearby reef. What I saw was disappointing. The corals were bleached and there weren't many fishes hanging around. I could only suspect that this area had suffered from years of overfishing and dynamite fishing. It's very sad to think how we can easily destroy nature for short term gains. :( Apart from that, the holiday spent with my friends was most enjoyable. On the way back to Manila, we drove down to Tagaytay to have a good glimpse of the unassuming but fascinating Taal Volcano Lake.

No comments: