Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Losing my Dads.


My Dad who died in his missionary boots in Southern Africa.

Mum and Dad Woodyatt during a visit in Dubai last 2008.
There are two other special occasions for me every December apart from Christmas. First is Huw’s birthday and second is our wedding anniversary. However, this year, my month of December won’t see these happy occasions as happily celebrated like the last few years. I lost my father-in-law just over a week ago. He was a great man whom I had a lot of respect. He was very adamant with his beliefs and firm with his principles in life. He will be sorely missed. I realized that I had lost 2 Dads on this same year. My Dad passed away last February 14 who lost his battle with cancer. My father-in-law died of bone cancer. I’ve never had this feeling of great loss before, I guess maybe because this is the first time I’ve lost a parent then shortly followed by another one. The sad feeling of loss even intensifies as Christmas approaches knowing they are gone. The super typhoon "Pablo" that recently hit the country which caused great casualties does not help make me feel any better. My heart goes for the families who have lost their loved ones. I know the feeling. Apologies for sounding depressed, but I hope you all understand. At the moment, for me, it feels like there is nothing to feel joyous about this Christmas. I know that life must go on and we all have to move on eventually after going through sad passages in our life. Time heals all wounds so they say but this one won't heal very soon. We only have one set of parents, when they go, it’s not like we could replace them with new ones. They will always cross your mind when you say or do something, see a familiar place - they live in us so how can we easily forget? When they go, they're gone forever but with strong memories left behind. Dad and Dad, thank you for everything. RIP. I love you.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

:(

Kitesurf said...

By the random chance of google i found this post...I am a middle age Canadian who now calls Cebu home.
My dad died in July....i feel your pain...and you lost two dads....

I know as time goes it gets better, but i struggle with what feels like injustice.
Thank you for your Blog...take care sister.
Bushman Canuck

Kitesurf said...

By the random chance of google i found this post...I am a middle age Canadian who now calls Cebu home.
My dad died in July....i feel your pain...and you lost two dads....

I know as time goes it gets better, but i struggle with what feels like injustice.
Thank you for your Blog...take care sister.
Bushman Canuck