Saturday, October 13, 2012








It’s been one year and a month exactly I last posted here. Amazing how easily one can get distracted especially when you have a million and one things in your to do list. However, the long hiatus in my blog site has been for good reasons. I am pleased to say that I am now certified PADI scuba diving instructor and have managed to achieve it within nearly a year of being Divemaster since November 2011. So I've been pretty busy really in a fun way. It has not been all easy getting through the Instructor course of course. The training was very helpful to prepare the candidates for the most awaited IS (Instructor Exams). There were sleepless nights, teary moments (mostly me doing the crying being the crybaby that I am) not to mention losing a beloved pet puppies during my IDC. :( But such is a life, I always find it difficult to accept how cruel the real world is. Anyways, I came out of it all very well, all the hard work and preparation paid off as I had passed my IE last September 29 and 30 of this year. I know that from then on, it will be highly unlikely for me to return to a desk job which I have not missed by the way since leaving Dubai more than a year ago. However, I do miss the pay haha! I'm still happy with my decision to come home and do what I'm doing here though. However, it leaves hubby very jealous as he's sat in his office in the Middle East while I'm happily sunning myself here in the tropics. It makes me feel bad...honest! It makes me feel even worse as he has supported me all the way in my scuba diving career. I have him to be ever so thankful for. I am now back home in Dumaguete staying with my Mum and the rest of the family (that includes the pets). Hopefully when I start earning as scuba instructor, I get to appreciate staying here for good. I'm quite optimistic with my future in the diving industry. As one of the PADI saying goes "... the possibilities are endless". However, I've still yet to find that out myself. :)

No comments: